Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Poetic, Revolutionary.

Poetic, Revolutionary

dead for some odd hours, only to be revived
the next day, replay events of his dreams
new ideas explored through closed eyes
it seems,
the best ones come through unconscious schemes
creative lines in the form of screams,
its a cycle
from the brain to the pen to the pad,
ima disciple
of the poetry, hip-hop & soul psychology
an avid learner of advanced terminology
technology,
is not needed for this excercise
brain cells arise to challenge & invoke the wise
to think on complex lines,
thats my mission
to stimulate the mind, creating artistic vision
my decision;
grab my notebook & my bus change
&& let my voice ring for Change!
its strange to me how a yung gun;
a young one my age
can create a common bond through-a page
impractical some say; the odds stacked high against he
but then again so was slavery
&& yet & here still i stand, as firm as an elder oak tree
a roach against the monumental powers that be
never to be deterred, a modern-day Socrates is me,
throwing pebbles @ corrupt democracy
some sure to consider me a mockery..
but i decline.
-you can call me a poetic, revolutionary

- J. New

No comments:

Post a Comment